Thursday, June 30, 2005

What I did on my Summer Vacation

First off, I don't have any pictures yet. I haven't gotten them out of the camera yet. I don't think there's too many of me either, just a few tasteful nudes. My vacation kicked ass too. There weren't any ticks or giant spiders to battle. The only issue was the fact that there were bats living in the ceiling of the cabin. I wanted to start a fire underneath them and then when the smoke forced them out we could shoot them. Needles to say, cooler heads prevailed. The sissies just waited until dusk and when they flew out on their own they put screen over the hole so they couldn't get back in. I liked my idea better, though not burning down the cabin and using firearms while drunk, was probably a plus. The weather was great the whole time we were there, I finally got to even out my "farmers tan", no offense to any farmers, but I now have an even tan. I quit smoking so I'm gonna get my cancer from the sun now. Fishing was good, not a huge number of fish but they were really big. I got to do some trout fishing too, the South Fork of the Oconto River was good and so was Dalton Creek. Both of those are in the Nicolet National Forest, which is were we were staying. I didn't catch any trout that were big enough to legally keep, but I did catch a ton of them so I still had a great time. If you've ever seen a wild brook trout you know that just getting to see them almost makes it worth catching them.
Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

The colors are much more vivid in person, the picture doesn't do it justice. It was a much needed break from civilization, I now feel much less like killing people for stupid things. I was close to not coming back though. The only problem with that is I don't know of anybody that will pay me to fish and drink beer all the time. I did assault my liver pretty bad, I think I went through a little more than 2 cases of beer in four days, you do the math on how many per day that is, really, I can't think that hard yet. All in all, a great vacation. Pictures will be in an upcoming post, really. I'm sure I took some, I just can't recall what they were of right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger joanne said...

You're back?

9:48 PM  
Blogger duff said...

yeah- are you just teasing us?

i missed the reasoning behind your sudden disappearance......

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home